Stewed Beef :: ビーフシチュー :: estofado de carne
Prep Time: 10-15 minutes
- 4 Cups plain beef stock, or water
- Stew meat, cut into cubes
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 C Worcestershire sauce
- 24oz can of crushed or dice tomatoes
- 3 to 4 potatoes, cut into large pieces
- Carrots and celery
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp Japanese 7-spice
- Salt & Pepper
- Set Instant Pot to sauté mode.
- Add oil, briefly brown stew meat on all sides. Remove beef and set into a slow cooker or stock pot.
- Add broth to Instant Pot. Add insert and steamer basket to pressure cook the potatoes.
- Pressure cook potatoes for 3 minutes. Potatoes should be slightly softened, but still firm – if adding to the slow cooker. Alternatively, pressure cook for additional minutes – add cooked potatoes to your stew at the end.
- Meanwhile, prepare vegetables.
- If using a slow cooker: transfer stock, and all remaining ingredients. Slow cook on low for 7-8 hours; on high for 3-4 hours.
- If using a stock pot: transfer stock, and add beef, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, tomatoes, and seasonings.
- Bring pot to a boil, lower heat to medium-low, cover, and cook for approximately 1 hour (until meat is tender).
- Add carrots and celery, cooking until tender. (Also potatoes if not cooked through).
- Add cooked potatoes, and any additional seasonings.
- Serve with warm white rice or creamy polenta.