Corn Bread Waffles :: コーンワッフル :: gofres de maíz
Prep Time: 5 minute
- 3/4 C flour
- 1/4 C corn meal
- 1 Tbls flax seed (optional)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 C milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 C neutral oil
My husband bought us a countertop, vertical – no mess – waffle maker. There is a designated opening at the top where you pour your batter. When the iron is hot, the light turns green. Pour in the batter (from the top), and wait about 5 – 7 minutes, the machine will make a beeping sound to indicate the waffles are finished. Press a latch on the side to release. Remove and serve hot.
- Heat the waffle maker, use highest setting for crispier exterior.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the flour, corn meal, (flax), and baking powder.
- Measure 1 C milk, add egg and oil. Mix.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, stir.
- Measure about 3/4 Cup batter, pour into the waffle maker. Cook until there is a crisp exterior, and the center is fluffy and airy – usually about 5-7 minutes. Serve hot.