Otaku Spinach :: オタク(宅男) ほうれん草 :: las espinacas
Prep Time: 5 minute
- Neutral Oil for the pan
- 2-3 Cloves of chopped garlic
- 1/4 Onion, chopped (optional)
- 1 Bag of pre-washed spinach
- 2 tsp Oyster sauce (or Teriyaki sauce).
I recently purchased a 14-inch seasoned cast iron wok – it is FANTASTIC! It holds and cooks leafy green vegetables with ease. I have no more excuses – nor hesitation. The wok is big enough to prepare leafy green vegetables without awkwardness or mess. It also looks fantastic stored on the stove with a wooden lid – an update to the kettle pot, love it!
- Chop (or blend) garlic and onion.
- Place about 1/2-to-1 Tablespoon of oil in your pan, heat on medium-high.
- Cook onion until it’s translucent. Add garlic, cook until fragrant.
- Add spinach, stir-into garlic and onion until cooked down.
- Drizzle oyster (or teriyaki) sauce.
Kidwise: My kids will not eat spinach when it is prepared this way, and then placed onto their plate. However – when I add a bit to a bowl of Soup Ramen or Udon Noodle Soup? Eaten, bye-bye, gone, none-left… ❤ Otauku! Xiè Xie!