Lantern Art :: 『灯籠 アート』:: arte de linterna
- Construction paper
- Markers, paint, crayons
- Glue or tape
- (Optional): Glitter, stickers, stamps, etc. –
- I divided my sheet of paper into four (4) to make smaller lanterns, but they same principal applies for larger pieces of paper.
- Cut along the fold lines.
- Decorate the paper: firework scribbles; florals; gold coins; Chinese zodiac animal; Chinese Hanzi (漢字) greetings …
- Fold the paper, so paper length touches. Make cuts along the fold.
- Place glue on one edge of the paper. Roll the paper together to make a cylinder, connecting with the glue.
- Using a separate sheet of paper, cut strips.
- Dab glue on each end of the strips, attach inside the lantern.
- Optional: For added play, include an inner tube/cylinder. Insert inside the lantern. Dap glue at the top of the cylinder. Alternatively, wrap the decorated & cut paper around the tube, using additional glue at the top of paper to secure.
more from the art table
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.