Chinese Steamed Chicken :: 蒸し鶏 :: pollo al vapor
Prep Time: 5 -10 minutes
This is about as easy as making cereal (but does take longer to have a final result). We usually eat the plain steamed chicken with rice & beans, and maybe add a chili sauce or curry/achaar. Other favorites: chicken salads, tacos, chicken soups, pasta, and/or noodles…
- Fill Instant Pot with 4 C of water.
- Add insert.
- Add basket insert, place chicken inside the basket.
- Place lid and turn until sealed.
- Pressure cook10 minutes on high.
- Allow for steam release, set aside the chicken.
- Save the chicken broth for soups and noodles.
Notes: I don’t usually wait around for the chicken to cook after I press “start” – so the natural release function has become my default. The result is a more tender, easy-to-shred style. However, if you are looking for a firmer texture, after the 10 minutes of pressure cooking, use the quick-release function. This will shorten the additional cook-time.