Cookie Mix :: クッキーミックス :: mezcla de galletas
- Boxed Cookie Mix (which usually require to add egg and oil).
- Silicone Mat (can also be used with Play-Doh, or there are smaller versions for daily table use).
- Flour for dusting
- Cookie Cutters
- The box mixes are really easy to make with young kids! They can whisk the egg, add the oil, and mix the batter. You can let them form the large ball of dough, and roll-out as well.
- I let the kids make the shapes, then I use a spatula to pull them out, while they gently tear away the dough.
- Place the cookies on a cookie sheet and bake as directed.
- Allow the cookies to cool.
- I give the kids a bowl of warm frosting, a butter knife, and put the sprinkles onto a painters palette. They do the frosting and decorating.
Kidwise: In our home, these kid-made cookies become the “kids-only” batch of holiday cookies! They get to eat what they – with their own (sticky!) hands made 😉 . But rest assured, you will likely be offered to partake, or maybe not! ha!
(Note: these photos were taken during a kitchen renovation).
more from the art table
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.