Cake :: ケーキ :: el bizcocho
Prep Time: 5 -10 minutes
1.5 C flour (I sometimes use a mix of about 1/2 C almond flour & 1 C all-purpose depending on what I have)
2 tsp baking powder
2 Tbsp Flaxmeal (optional)
5 large eggs
3/4 C sugar
1/2 C neutral oil
Juice from half of a lemon
3 Tbsp poppy seeds (optional)
1.5 C frozen blueberries (substitute blackberries, raspberries, or mixed berries)
This is a great cake for breakfast or mid-day snacking. The sweetness comes from the berries, and it tastes great with a plain yogurt.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Use cooking oil spray to coat a 10-inch Bundt pan (or gently rub neutral flavored oil).
- Mix the flour and baking powder (and flaxmeal).
- Beat the eggs in a separate bowl, slowly adding the sugar. Mix in oil.
- Combine flour and egg mixture.
- Mix-in lemon, poppy seeds and blueberries.
- Bake cake for 45-50 minutes, until tester insert comes out clean.