Lentils :: レンズ豆 :: lentejas
Prep Time: 5 -10 minutes
4 Cups chicken stock
Olive oil for sauté
3 – 4 cloves of chopped garlic
1/2 onion, chopped
2 – 4 Italian or Spanish (chicken or pork) sausages/chorizo, sliced.
1/2 C chopped or shredded carrots
3 – 4 diced potatoes
1.5 C lentils, rinsed and picked-over
1/2 C chopped cherry tomatoes
½ -1 Tbsp red wine vinegar (or to taste)
Lentils are so easy! There is no soaking, they cook quickly in the Instant Pot, and taste good left-over!
- Place about 1/2-to-1 Tbsp of oil in your Instant Pot, press the SAUTÉ button, set to low.
- Add sausage, sauté until browned on both sides.
- Add chopped garlic and onion – sauté until onions are translucent.
- Add chicken stock, lentils, potatoes, and carrots. Pressure cook on high for 10 minutes.
- After pressure releases, add tomatoes. Keep in the KEEP WARM mode, allowing the tomatoes to soften.
- Add salt & pepper, and red wine vinegar to taste.
- Serve warm
Kidwise: My kids prefer just to eat the sausage. I pick some out before I start the soup, and prepare a plate of sliced sausages, rice or buttered pasta, carrots and tomatoes. Generally they eat while the soup finishes cooking. When the kids are done, and everything is cleaned-up, I can sit down and enjoy my meal. Itadakimasu :: Iいただきます