Puttanesca Marinara :: プッタネスカ・マリナラ :: marinara puttanesca
Prep Time: 5 minute
4-6 cloves of chopped garlic
1 onion, chopped (optional)
Large can of diced tomatoes, or 1 Cup chopped tomatoes
Sardines in Olive Oil
½ -1 Tablespoon Red Pepper Flakes (or to taste)
Variations: Add capers and/or olives for traditional Puttanesca
The use of tinned fish makes this dish incredibly simple, as well as eco. In addition to being shelf-stable, the tin can is certainly recyclable. Red pepper flakes are key, add them at the end, to your liking. One can of sardines is great for two (2) servings.
- Prepare your pasta. Chop garlic and onion.
- Place about 1/2-to-1 Tablespoon of oil in your pan, heat on medium heat.
- Sauté chopped garlic, and onion until translucent.
- Add large can of diced tomatoes, simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add tin of sardines, include olive oil. Break-up the fish with the side of a spoon, leaving some small chunks. Simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Add red pepper flakes.
- Spoon over pasta.
Kidwise: My kids eat the pasta and tomato sauce, I add the sardines after I’ve prepared theirs. ^5